One of the first pretty food pictures I can remember seeing
was Martha Stewart's berry tart.
It was a long rectangular tart with red and blue berries and white filling,
arranged to look just like the American Flag.
I distinctly remember seeing it on the cover of her magazine, thinking....someday.
Not someday as in....'Oh I really want to eat that!!!'
(I have strong feelings about fruit showing up in my dessert...)
But someday as in...'hmmm, I wonder....'
I wonder...'could I make something that gorgeous?'
I wonder...'could I take a picture like that?'
Almost two years ago I found a blog that would inspire me the same way.
full of the most amazing cookies with perfect instructions and tutorials, AND
written by such a lovely lady, Miss Callye.
I started having those moments again...
About ten days ago I got an email...
from Miss Callye, Sugarbelle, herself.
(While I had emailed back and forth with her before,
I still do a little happy dance when I see her name in my inbox.)
It was an invitation to sit with the cool girls at lunch.
Callye was working on a post involving her favorite bloggers
showing all the different ways we could use a simple star cookie cutter,
for the 4th of July.....
I could say that I took days to decide what to make, but I didn't.
I knew immediately.
It had to be an arrangement of cookies that looked like the American Flag.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag...
of the United States of America...
and to the Republic for which it stands...
one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Thanks Miss Callye, for the invitation to sit at the cool kids table,
and thanks as well to all the other bakers invited to the party.
You've all inspired me to be a better decorator and writer.
So....would you like to see everyone's work???
Thought you would!!!!
Here's a list of links to visit these lovely ladies!!!!!
- Strawberry Shortcake on a Stick, The Decorated Cookie
- Patriotic Lace Cookies , My Little Bakery
- Independence Day Parade Cookies, Jill FCS
- Old Fashioned 4th of July, Vicki’s Sweet Treats
- Light up the Fourth Cookies, The Partiologist
- Declaration of Independence Cookie, Vanilla Bean Baker
- Badge of Liberty Cookies, Lila Loa
- Red, White & Blue Star Cookie Towers, Bake at 350
- 4th of July Firecracker Cookies, Klickitat Street
- Star Cut-out Cookies, Glorious Treats
- Cookie "Pledge", Lizy B Bakes
- Star-Shaped Krispie Treats, Cookies and Cups
- Easy Star Cupcake Toppers, Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
- Rustic 4th of July Galletes, Haniela's
- Patriotic Cookie Wreath, Sweetopia
- Patriotic River Rafter, Ali-Bee's Bake Shop
- Funny Fox Cookies, The Bearfoot Baker
- Quilted Cookie Stars, Cookie Crazie
- Gimme Your John Hancock Stars, Life's a Batch
- Patriotic Cookie Stir Sticks, The Cookie Artisan
- Patriotic Floral Stars, SweetSugarBelle
I hope you'll go pay everyone a visit!
Happy 4th of July!
Thanks for stopping by,