Friday, July 6, 2012

Tennis cookies!

Happy Birthday Emil!!!




My husband's second oldest brother, 

(Joe is the youngest of 5 boys and yes his mother IS a saint)

had a VERY important birthday recently.









Sorry, can't tell you which birthday.



I am quite fond of my brothers-in-law 

and since they tolerate me pretty well,

 I'd like to keep it that way thank-you-very-much.











I'll just say, it was an important enough number that 

lots of fun people came to visit and

helped finish off a fabulous amount of margaritas...

....and wine....

...and some Croatian beer too....

.....and gin and tonics....

....hmmm.











Emil loooooooves tennis.

Loves.

So it wasn't hard to decide to what to make for him.












According to his lovely wife he practices his serve all day long.












He's lucky enough to have his regular tennis partner live in the neighborhood.

They get together to play a few times a week.











I've never asked Emil which one of them was a better player....

but I figure if he was having a particularly rough day and couldn't quite beat him....













...a little distraction wouldn't hurt.










Hope you had a great birthday Emil!

(Hope your head didn't hurt....)











What was that?

Oh yes....that is a giant sugar cookie tennis court.

Would you like a bite?



(construction pictures coming soon...)



Thanks for stopping by,

Lizy B

31 comments:

  1. Awesome- you keep getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those rackets are amazing and I am intrigued by the Croatian beer...something you buy locally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little hard to find, but they buy it at Bev Mo. Karlvacko! (a few of those letters need accents over them...).

      Delete
  3. I have the biggest crush on you. (in an admiration-type way, not in a creepy internet-stalker-type way) Sigh. Someday I'll be this good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific! Perfect for Wimbledon watching too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no words to properly tell you just how amazing these are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous! I love the court with the net and the female cookie distraction is too funny. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love seeing what you do next...well, this is spectacular. I adore the whole thing. Are you truly going to do a construction post, cuz I'd love to see how you do the silhouettes(sp?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Giant tennis court cookie??? You're killing me! Such a great set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are amazing. Would love to have you join Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are incredible! Super creative. I'm pinning this to my tennis board. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. These look really awesome. Guess Emil had a superb birthday treat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did you do the black figures? Insanely meticulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cookies are awesome. And the giant one is perfect. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I would love to have this type of cookie decorating skill.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you all watch Wimbledon? Perfect accessories!

    -fork

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girl, you have the most interesting blog.....converstional and fun and that cookie is amazing.

    You are fabulous.

    vicki

    http://www.facebook.com/vickisweettweets

    ReplyDelete
  18. These cookies are fabulous
    you are simply an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  19. your cookies look yummy! XOXO, Teta Millie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lizy you always impress me with your amazing skills! These tennis cookies don't disappoint. Thanks for linking up to my Pity Party. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just wanna know how long it takes you to figure all this out...and THEN have time to bake cookies!!!!!!!!!!! Incredible set!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are amazing! The giant tennis court cookie is incredible, plus the rackets and tiny tennis balls~WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is totally gorgeous! What an amazing feat that you accomplished making this! I love it all and I'm dying to pop one of those little tennis balls in my mouth, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super creative as usual!!! Love the tennis court!! Thanks for sharing with us at Uncommon! ;) Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Liz! You are so creative! This is such an amazing creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I WANT THAT COOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooooo creative!! I promise to give it a good home... in my belly!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Have you drawn the black figure with an edible pen or is it wet on wet? Love these cookies.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...