Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Super Bowl is coming!

The Super Bowl is coming!!!

The Super Bowl is coming!!!

Commercials and half-time shows and snacks, oh my!!!







(it is coming right, maybe I should check on that...)







Me:  Ethan, honey, the Super Bowl is soon, right?  Like this weekend?

Ethan:  uh...not yet Mom.  We're still in the playoffs.  There's a few games....
(insert lots of footbally technical terms and team names and statistics and stuff)
.....and then the Super Bowl.  We're still a couple of weeks away.







Me:  Oh....huh.

Ethan:  Why?






Me:  Well, I made these Super Bowl cookies thinking we'd be eating them soon, 
like in a couple of days.

Ethan:....yeah, I was wondering why you were doing those already but I didn't want to say anything....

Me:......(staring at cookies)






Ethan:  They look great though!  You got the yardage right and everything!
The little people in the stands are awesome!

Me:...(staring at Ethan)






Ethan:  You can just make them again in a couple weeks, right?

Me:....(staring at Ethan....eyebrows raised)






Ethan:...what?

Ethan:....so....can I eat one now?


Thanks for stopping by,

Lizy B






17 comments:

  1. These are just amazing! Who cares if you didn't get the timing quite right (I never do, either!), they look great! The sprinkles for people is a genius idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! I can't take credit for the sprinkle people, I've seen those on lots of other cookie blogs from Sugarbelle to Ali Bee to bake at 350.....If anyone knows who did it first...please let me know! I'd love to give them credit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, these are so stinkin' cute!! That stadium cookie with the sprinkles as the fan!!! Love it!! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee hee! I can totally hear this conversation going down. I love that boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You can just whip up another batch... right mom?" Love it! The cookies are really cool:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute mom story! I love your sprinkle people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cookies are amazing! I have tried cookies like this in the past and failed miserably. It doesn't matter that you made the cookies a few weeks early. Nobody important is playing in the game anyway (yeah, I'm a Ravens fan and I'm kinda bitter.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE your field/crowd cookies! They're genius...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job with your Super Bowl Cookies. I love the sprinkle fans too, but also really like the goal post cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great website! I am loving it!! Will come back again. I am bookmarking your feeds also
    Aurum Pro Series Toslink Cable - Digital Optical Audio Cable - 50 Feet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is there a recipe for your cookies and/or frosting? I'd love to attempt these when football comes back they are soo adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lizy B! So glad these cookies made the 2012 cut...I loved them and love your blog. I'd love to be able to find a 'banner' cookie cutter like the one you used....do you recall where that came from, if you'd be so kind to share? Thank You and keep inspiring us all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I'll share! It's called the tattoo ribbon and is available from ecrandal!
      http://stores.ecrandal.com/-strse-600/tattoo-cookie-cutter%2C-scroll/Detail.bok

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, i love their products (although I would definitely never have thought to search for a 'tattoo ribbon)! LOL.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much...love ecrandal! (although I'd never have thought to search for a 'tattoo ribbon)! LOL.

      Delete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...