Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Red Egg Party Cookies


These photos have been sitting in my computer, all queued up to show you, for months.

MONTHS!!!!

Wanna know why?

I've had a bit of a falling out with my camera.
We're not on good terms.
We are officially....frenemies.


These cookies I'm about to show you are quite possibly my favorites I've ever made.
The background is the prettiest shade of pale ballet pink.
The branches are gnarled and bumpy just like I'd hoped.
The egg is actually....egg-shaped.

Unfortunately, they are also some of the worst pictures I've ever taken.

After editing them twelve million times....I've got this.


Meh.

Maybe the picture with more cookie and less background...



Nope.  Still....Meh.
(way too yellow...but if I cool down the tone, the cookies look grey)

Okay...less cropping?



Ugh.

That's actually a white platter under those cookies.
(Which I do realize is part of the problem)


Wanna see an original?




I've got all the regular excuses....
It was rainy, and dark, and cold.

I have a white card reader thingy.
Can't figure out how to use the darn thing.

Have a photo box too...
That thing hates me and I knock stuff over every time I get it out.

So, I'm just going to put these out there and get on with my little cookie life.
I've made tons of cookies, TONS!

But I just couldn't get past these.




*sigh*

Hoping the party was lovely.
This was a Red-Egg Party for a precious little 30 day old angel named Hannah.

And I'm sure Hannah was gorgeous in all of her pictures!


Thanks for stopping by! Lizy B
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Exquisite and finely detailed. Perfect for spring from Easter. The details of the birds and the branches are wonderful. It must have taken you a long time to do each one. Congratulations because you're an artist in cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm all of the photos look lovely, the cookies are almost to pretty to eat, almost ( wink) I hope you will be sharing these beauties at the blog hop today xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely some of my fave cookies, too! Honestly, top 10 for sure, maybe even top 5, or dare I say, top 3! :) They really are beautiful and I, 100%, understand your camera frustration. I've had the same experience, loving cookies and then getting so grouchy at how they photograph. Frenemies, indeed. Either way, I love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right; we just can't tolerate these photos. There's only one way to solve this epic fiasco. I'm going to have to see them in person, without the camera's bad influence. Yep, those cookies simply must be here, at my house, ready to be eaten up, delicious morsel by delicious morsel. I am ready to help. I'll just send you my address, and we can work together to make it right. Yum! Yum! Seriously, sorry for the tech frustration because you really should be able to make cookies, and not have to waste time on a noncooperative camera. That's so aggravating. The good news is that even your camera can't make those beauties look anything less than gorgeous and delicious. I'll just pretend they're on a blue or yellow plate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your photos are great! It was great to see you at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!
    Debi

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...