Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Star Cookies for July 4th!

One of the first pretty food pictures I can remember seeing
was Martha Stewart's berry tart.  

It was a long rectangular tart with red and blue berries and white filling, 
arranged to look just like the American Flag.




I distinctly remember seeing it on the cover of her magazine, thinking....someday.

Not someday as in....'Oh I really want to eat that!!!'
(I have strong feelings about fruit showing up in my dessert...)

But someday as in...'hmmm, I wonder....'



I wonder...'could I make something that gorgeous?'

I wonder...'could I take a picture like that?'



I wonder....








Almost two years ago I found a blog that would inspire me the same way.


 full of the most amazing cookies with perfect instructions and tutorials, AND

written by such a lovely lady, Miss Callye.




I started having those moments again...




I wonder....









About ten days ago I got an email...

from Miss Callye, Sugarbelle, herself.

(While I had emailed back and forth with her before, 
I still do a little happy dance when I see her name in my inbox.)



It was an invitation to sit with the cool girls at lunch.

(AAAAHHHHHHH!)



Callye was working on a post involving her favorite bloggers 

(again....AAAHHHH) 

showing all the different ways we could use a simple star cookie cutter,

for the 4th of July.....




I wonder.....







I could say that I took days to decide what to make, but I didn't.

I knew immediately.




It had to be an arrangement of cookies that looked like the American Flag.









"I pledge allegiance to the flag...











of the United States of America...










and to the Republic for which it stands...












one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.












Thanks Miss Callye, for the invitation to sit at the cool kids table,

and thanks as well to all the other bakers invited to the party.

You've all inspired me to be a better decorator and writer.






So....would you like to see everyone's work???




Thought you would!!!!



Here's a list of links to visit these lovely ladies!!!!!
  1. Strawberry Shortcake on a Stick, The Decorated Cookie
  2. Patriotic Lace Cookies , My Little Bakery
  3. Independence Day Parade Cookies, Jill FCS
  4. Old Fashioned 4th of July, Vicki’s Sweet Treats
  5. Light up the Fourth Cookies, The Partiologist
  6. Declaration of Independence Cookie, Vanilla Bean Baker
  7. Badge of Liberty Cookies, Lila Loa
  8. Red, White & Blue Star Cookie Towers, Bake at 350
  9. 4th of July Firecracker Cookies, Klickitat Street
  10. Star Cut-out Cookies, Glorious Treats
  11. Cookie "Pledge", Lizy B Bakes
  12. Star-Shaped Krispie Treats, Cookies and Cups
  13. Easy Star Cupcake Toppers, Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
  14. Rustic 4th of July Galletes, Haniela's
  15. Patriotic Cookie Wreath, Sweetopia
  16. Patriotic River Rafter, Ali-Bee's Bake Shop
  17. Funny Fox Cookies, The Bearfoot Baker
  18. Quilted Cookie Stars, Cookie Crazie
  19. Gimme Your John Hancock Stars, Life's a Batch
  20. Patriotic Cookie Stir Sticks, The Cookie Artisan
  21. Patriotic Floral Stars, SweetSugarBelle

I hope you'll go pay everyone a visit!

Happy 4th of July!



Thanks for stopping by,

Lizy B

62 comments:

  1. That is one of the most impressive cookie displays that I have ever seen! Your handwriting on those cookies is AMAZING! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to wonder again, Lizy. You're a COOL kid.....a VERY COOL cookie decorator.....and your patriotic display on this post could easily be on a magazine cover.

    These stars are FABULOUS. I love how you incorporated both the flag and the pledge of allegiance. Awesome! And the handwriting on each one is exquisite. You rock. Don't wonder ever. again. :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You my very talented cookie decorator are at the head of that *cool kid's table*! These cookies are just beautifully executed and your script is as Pam says, exquisite. Beautiful, beautiful idea and work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh these are amazingly beautiful! Mine would look like a preschooler made them but you've made me want to try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cookies took my breath away! The handwriting is flawless and that is the best use of a star cookie! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your calligraphy on the cookies...such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. thanks Jennifer!!! I was trying to look a bit vintagey...glad you could tell!

      Delete
  8. Lizy- This is just such a gorgeous set!! I love that you had a vision for it, and were able to create it! You should be so pleased!! I love the slighly antique tones, and your writing is just INCREDIBLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glory....that means even more coming from you!!!

      Delete
  9. Lizy! Those cookies are out of this world!!! They have an elegance about them! How fun to sit at the cool table at lunch, right? Well I think you are pretty darn cool too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cookies are absolutely beautiful! Your handwriting is amazing! How did you do the little stars on the blue ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey! The little stars are edible glitter decorations by wilton. They come in silver and gold in the Wilton aisle of the craft store. I picked them up with the point of a toothpick and dropped them in place.

      Delete
  11. Can you please come to my house and write on all my cookies? You've got to win an award for perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anytime girlfriend!! (and I'll be bringing my copy of your book so you can sign it for me!!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look great, as always!! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are too cool Liz! You amaze me with every cookie you post.

    xo
    Quiet Luxury


    ReplyDelete
  15. These are off the wall fantastic - and that writing....oh, if I could only ...write like that! :) Love everything about this cookie set!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! Great job! Each cookie looks just perfect, your handwriting is beautiful. Really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are so wonderful, what a way to present a star cookies. Your writing is top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh say can you see....! Makes me want to break out into song after seeing the most fabulous display of the pledge ever! Your precision is simply amazing. Beautiful. Awe-inspiring.
    Thanks so much for linking up, Ms. Lizy B!
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my!!!!! I loved the individual cookie in the collage - then I open up your blog and see the entire Pledge of Allegiance" and my jaw dropped! I think even Martha would be in awe of these and remember this photo forever (I remember that tart photo as well!) Hands down - one of my most favorite 4th of July cookies ever - sooooo absolutely creative and your exquisite writing is like the cherry on top of the sundae! WOW!!!!!!!!!!
    Maryann - Cookie Artisan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely LOVE these! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is beyond stunning. And congrats on being part of the "cool gang"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So darling. There was no need to wonder; you did it! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love them all! Beautiful, stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did a fantastic job! I love the script lettering, too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mrs. B., these are amazing and so are you! Someone should send this picture to Martha....bet you'd get an invite to her table :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. P.!!!!! We miss you!

      Delete
    2. Your cookies blew me away! They are gorgeous!

      Delete
  26. Oh my gosh these cookies are the cutest things for the fourth! They are awesome! Im a new follower to your blog and I would love for you to visit mine sometime. :)
    riversrecipereview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, how amazing your cookies are! I'm sure you must be so honored. I hope you'll add these to my Patriotic Project Parade. I would love to see them there.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/06/patriotic-project-parade-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Totally Martha Stewart Magazine worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ok, I totally got goosebumps reading your blog today! She got me started, and then I found you! You are a Quenn in book! Thanks for all the tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely stunning, especially the writing. You are now up there with Martha in the inspirational category!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hahahahahaha! It's the cookie nerd table ;-) I've never been one to sit at the cool table. Maybe it's the Star Trek jokes? Lol! Love you Lizy B!!! These are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are just fabulous! We will be featuring them today on our Patriotic Round-Up!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  33. BEAUTIFUL! And brilliant to incorporate the pledge. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  34. A-MA-ZING! As usual! Love them! You are so patient!

    Just wanted to let you know that I awarded you with the One Lovely Blog Award and the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, here: http://onehouseonecouple.blogzam.com/2012/06/very-inspiring-blogger-award/

    yay you! ;)

    have a great weekend!

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ack!! These are by far my favorite!!! Good job! Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm in awe of your skill! sooooo inspiring! Must find time to practice!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my stars ..and stripes Lizy..you rock my baking world!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop Linky Party. I hope you have a wonderful weekend xo P.S. I'm having a party at Katherines Corner today and you are invited!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your cookies look absolutely PERFECT! I'd be afraid to eat one and mess it up- even though I totally would!
    Found your blog through a link party and am SO glad I did!

    Join my "All Things Pretty" Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is beautiful! I love Sweet Sugarbelle so I understand the "cool kid" factor but I hope you know you are also incredibly inspirational to us new kids on the block. Thank you for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  40. WAY cool! I LOVE these!
    Thanks for linking up! I featured your post in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2012/star-spangled-ideas/
    Have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  41. You're a STAR today over at I Gotta Create! Your lovely July 4th cookies are in the Star-Spangled feature lineup. Thanks so much for linking up!

    <3 Christina
    http://igottacreate.blogspot.com/2012/07/star-spangled-spectacular-25-july-4th.html

    ReplyDelete
  42. You definitely hit it out of the ballpark with these star cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Featuring this on my top 10 Fourth of July Features over @ CountryMommaCooks..........have a wonderful Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Lizy!

    Love the star cookies for the 4th! I also checked out a few of the links to those other sites. They are all so creative and talented... but you are still my favorite :)

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  45. No WAY!!! The handwriting is just PERFECT!!! Love those cookies!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! Don't forget to swing by this evening.. I can't wait to see what you link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. absolutely fantastic! What a clever idea!

    I've rustled up patriotic oreos - oreo cookies, white chocolate and of course funfetti!

    Terribly good too!

    Laura x
    alittlelondon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your star cookies are beautiful! We would love to have you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday" and share your delicious cookies. We hope to see you soon! -The Sisters
    sixsistersstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your very best that I have seen so far! PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Genius! How in the world do you get your writing so nice in icing!? Thanks for linking up to Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a great, patriotic idea! :) These would look stunning on ANY table on the 4th! :) Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers! Please be sure to stop back by the party and check out some of the other links!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...