Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pumpkin or Chocolate?

So which one are you?  Pumpkin pie lover or chocolate?  

My mom loves pumpkin pie any time of the year.  I've heard reports that cousin Craig just may get a little  grumpy if he doesn't end Thanksgiving with a slice of pie and a little cool whip on top (or was that a bowl of cool whip and a little pie on top....hmmmm).

I'll always take chocolate cream pie.  Really though, I'm happier if it has a graham cracker crust.  Not a big pie crust fan.

My husband, on the other hand, doesn't like either.  Know why?  Not enough crust.  Not even close!

For Joe, a proper pie needs: 

   1. A bottom crust  AND a top crust.

   2.  Some sort of fruit filling that looks a whole lot like apples....

   3.  It must be warm.

   4.  There absolutely must be, no doubt about it, don't even think of handing him the plate if there
        isn't, vanilla ice cream on top.

   5.  No whip cream.

He's not a picky eater....he just knows what he likes.

In other words, these cookies are not for him....







Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Cream Pie Cookies!!!

I'm certainly not the first to make these.  Ali Bee's Bake Shop did the first ones I saw a year or so ago.
Hers are ah-mazing, and I've wanted to try them ever since.

I wanted to do something a little different, a little unique, and since they still need to look like pies.....there's not too much wiggle room.






So I tried to think back to the last time I made a pie....


....that didn't help....


then I remembered my grandmother doing this when she'd make lemon meringue pie for my mom.




Did your grandmother do this?  The 'crimp the edges with a fork' thing on the edges?

No?  Oh.

Well, I'm pretty sure mine did.

This was before Martha came around and let us know we were supposed to be braiding and stamping and carving the edges into who-knows-what.



That's what her pies looked like!







So....which would you pick?

Pumpkin?





Or Chocolate Cream?




 Or some of each?

Thanks for stopping by,

Lizy B

10 comments:

  1. ...and that's about the best compliment I could get. Thanks Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's got to be chocolate!

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I laughed out loud because they look so real and so delicious and did remind me of my mom !!
    this is such a fun cookie!! I love them both..yum
    js

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pumpkin pie, but chocolate is my absolute favorite. So I would have to go chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those both look amazing but, if I had to choose, I 'd go with pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd go with the pumpkin, mostly because I think you really hit the perfect tint of orange for pumpkin pie. Mmmm.... Also love your "crimping" on the edge. Nice detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute idea! I'd never have thought of it, but now I could have two of my favorite desserts in one!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...