Monday, February 6, 2012

The Key to My Stubborn Heart!


Some ideas start out great,
 and then they just veer off somewhere...

I've always loved the idea of a cookie with a cut-out in it.





So a key and a keyhole sounds perfect doesn't it?



When it came time to cut the hole, I spotted a little tin full of aspic cutters
that I hadn't used before.



I thought, "Great!!
I can use these cutters and that will prove that I had a purpose for buying them!!!"
(That's rational...right?)


The cutter closest to a keyhole shape was a little 'club' shape.
Y'know, the little shape from a deck of cards.
Does that have a real name?


Well, in my excitement, I cut the shape, saw what it looked like,

and froze.





That is so NOT a keyhole.
That is clearly the thing from the deck of cards.


Again, being highly stubborn hopeful, I thought,
"I bet it will absolutely look like a keyhole after they bake!
These will be great!"






(didn't work...)

I went on to work on the keys, which I had a actual cutter for.





So here they are.




The 'Key to My Heart' and the heart it unlocks...

(just don't try to make it fit...thanks)


Thanks for stopping by,

Lizy B

Please check out the 'Blogs I Love' page for the Linky parties I link up to!







23 comments:

  1. These are just genius! And I definitely think it looks like a keyhole :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, what about a mini chess piece cookie cutter like one of these... http://www.coppergifts.com/cookie-cutters/pc/Chess-Piece-Cookie-Cutter-Knight-mini-p4913.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know this is one of those things people don't notice unless you point it out? (I would have done the same thing!) So cute! Happy Love Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura! You are brilliant! The pawn would absolutely be a better keyhole AND I've been totally looking for a reason to order the smaller lilaloa cutter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to help. I will be anxious to see the results :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what...WHAT!!! WOW - You have the BESTEST ideas for cookies EVER EVER EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR.

    Do. I. Make. Myself. Clear?

    Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think you should be so hard on the "Clubs"... I knew exactly what it was when I saw it! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I think it looks like a keyhole especially with the beautiful key next to it - what a lovely idea for Valentine's Day!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Much more like a keyhole than anything I could do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are SO cute. I think they are perfect just the way they are!!! I'm totally pinning them. :)

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are so pretty & lovely!!.Saw you @ Sweetology linky Party, If you get a chance, pl link with my event too
    Decorating Challenge- Valentine’s Day Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are just adorable! And I think it looks like a keyhole well enough! Thank you for linking up with Make-It-Yourself Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely DARLING!! AMAZING! This turned out FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing at my party!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd be more than happy to send you my snail mail address so you can send me some of those delicious looking cookies! :p

    Following from the Thursday Favorite Things hop at Katherine's Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are gorgeous, I really like them! Stopping by today from Thursday's Favorite Things.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Following from the Favorite Things blog hop. Wow, these are so cool, can you come over and make them for me. Unfortunately I was not blessed with a baker gene, but I love to look at other talented people's ideas. cheermamadrama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very yummy cookies. Great job. I linked too. Come by and see me.
    Have a great Friday,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. thee are darling, you crack me up, Smooches and thank you for sharing at the hop!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...