Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentines for my Rock Star



My older munchkin, Ethan, has had a crummy week or two at school.  

Remember fifth grade?

Math is starting to get hard with fractions and decimals at the same time...

Grammar and punctuation aren't just adjectives and commas...

Science tests don't go so well when you skip a section and don't notice until 
you're grading your classmate's test.

(and, don't tell anyone, but I think there might be girls in his class)

So my normally happy-go-lucky child has been in the downy-dumps..




He forgot that he was a rock star.

So I made him a little treat to remind him.








"Ethan...."









"Ethan....are you listening?"







"Love you bud."


(I was going to write a whole bunch of mushy mommy stuff here,
but then I thought that might embarrass the heck out of him,
and that would be counter-productive)







I left them on his 'homework spot' so he'd see them after school.








I think he liked them...







Then, to prove he's the rock star that I know he is, he said,  

"Thanks for making cookies just for me Mom.  
I know you had a lot of other cookies you could have made.  
It means a lot that you took the time to do that just for me...."


...and my heart skipped a beat.




Thanks for stopping by,

Lizy B






21 comments:

  1. I started welling up as I was reading your post - such a sweet thing to do & it obviously meant so much to him. What a superstar son & what a superstar mum too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are lovely!

    I´m not sure, if you already did, but maybe you can make a review how you decorate them? My cookies don´t turn out to look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG.....he is such a little sweetheart! I would have been blubbering all over him if he said that to me! Holy cow! And I love that he ate around his name! Too funny!

    Hope his week gets better, now that he's had some cookie-goodness! :o)

    And the cookies are beautiful! As always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ethan is a lucky boy...and a handsome boy at that! Sounds like you are a pretty lucky mom, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that little man!!!

    You are just the best mom ever....he knows it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cookies looked so great and I know how much he appreciated them. But I wanted to say how much I love the way that you write! This blog could make anyone blubber with the way you express yourself in such spare words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a rock star. You have some wicked serious talent girl! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so pretty & lovely!!.perfect for the month!!Saw you @ Sweetology linky Party, If you get a chance, pl link with my event too
    Decorating Challenge- Valentine’s Day Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cookie design is so lovely. Nice sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have beautiful piping skills!! Love your lettering...mad skills! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lizy!

    While reading this (and oogling over those cookies) I was thinking how lucky he is to have such a sweet mom!

    Then I read down to what he said... and I have to admit that You are 'One Lucky Mom' to have such a kind, thoughtful AND handsome son!

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, I got a little welled up. I have a 5th grade boy too:). Awesome post!

    Kim www.plumberrypie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. sweeeeet! The cookies and your Ethan. xo Thank you for linking to the Thursday Favorite Things hop today

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh - what a sweet post; in every sense of the word! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, what beautiful cookies, and what a sweet son you have!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are awesome!!!! Love them I better go finish my cookies before the hubby eats them all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! And looks very yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was wondering what brand/color of red do you use to get that deep red color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I use Americolor super red with a touch of chocolate brown....then let it sit for a least 4 or 5 hours (tightly covered). Darker colors definitely deepen quite a bit over time!

      Delete
  19. Oh my goodness, how sweet! Both you, your son and these cookies!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...