Sunday, February 26, 2012

Baseball Cookies!

It's that time of year again for our family!





The Little League baseball season has officially begun!

This is an extra special year though.
After many, many seasons of watching Ethan's games,






cheering from the sidelines,







and getting to wear the 'mascot' jersey...

Jack gets to play Tee-ball.







He's pleased as punch!





So, this weekend was opening day, and of course...
there was a bake sale!

I've made baseball cookies before.

They were okay, nothing spectacular.
I needed to come up with a few new designs.






Baseball Fields!!!

These were fun...and sparkly!
(I do love sparkles!)






I used a party hat cutter that I opened wide,
then cut down the larger side into a semi-circle.






I piped, flooded and sugared the grass first, then filled in the dirt.
The baselines were added after they dried.

Jack noticed something after I bagged these up.

"Mom, where's the little line on the pitcher's circle where he puts his
toes when he throws the ball?"

Whoops.




Next came the ballplayers.

This was a great occasion to finally try some silhouettes!







I googled 'baseball silhouette clip art' to find some images that I liked.
I outlined with a PME #1 tip.
(I used my new Kopykake for the first time!!!)








All of these images has some skinny little parts.
I filled them in with thicker piping icing to try to prevent cratering,
then filled in the rest with flood icing.



I've had a few people ask about the different fonts I've used.
I love Keven & Amanda's site.  Lots of free fonts!





I like to print out the sayings I'll be using in a few different fonts and sizes.
(I leave lots of blank space on the page for 'practice space')

Then I just practice a few times.
Not much to it really.

Some of the fonts work out well.
Some...not so much.  They just end up looking messy.

But you never know until you try, 
and I'd much rather try on the paper than the cookie!





When I find one I like, I try to gauge the size and where it will fit.







I like the 'Home Run' writing and placement the best...
but I liked the silhouette the least.
Too much cratering in the middle.

So he was cut from the team....sorry man.

The other two were added to the line up and I cranked out a few dozen!








Do you like the edges!!

She made some beautiful nautical cookies that had this detail along the sides!
Click HERE to go see them!

I knew that would be perfect for baseball cookies!
It looks just like stitching!








So there's my new baseball team set!

Oh wait!







Can't play baseball with out the balls!!!

Have a great season everyone!

I'll let you know when Jack hits his first homerun!



Thanks for stopping by,

Lizy B

23 comments:

  1. These are great. And such cute boys you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did it take me so long to find your blog!? Love everything you do. I miss little league so much. My 15 year old lost interest a couple years ago. Enjoy it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an amazing talent! I have three boys and if I could make cookies look like this...WOW! PLEASE come share anytime at my link party: http://www.dwellonjoy.com/2012/02/dwell-on-fridays-five.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome!! I think the little details like the words and the red lines for the baseball thread ties it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Jack for starting T-Ball..... he'll have so much fun! And now you can run around like a nut trying to catch both games, and bring team treats, and soon they'll have you scorekeeping! Watch out....you'll be asked! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those baseball diamonds are perfectly adorable! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are the best baseball cookies I've ever seen. Fantastic job! I love your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Works of art! These put my plain old baseball cupcakes to shame! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the baseball diamonds! My hubby would die if he saw these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These were fantastic! I loved everything--especially the baseball diamond and the stichery and the players--well, I guess I should say that I just really loved these! (and I love sparkles, too).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! Those baseball diamonds are SO inventive and SO well done!!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these look great! love them especially the baseball diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful! Thanks for the tip about checking out new fonts for cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that baseball diamond cookie is amazing - they ALL are a home run in my book. I have said it before but will continue to say it as much as I can..you are one of the best cookiers I have seen/follow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such original and awesome cookies! Thanks so much for sharing them at CookieCrazie's 4th birthday party. :)

    http://www.cookiecrazie.com/2012/02/cookie-birthday-for-cookiecrazies-4th.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!! Amazing cookies!! Your piping skills rock!! Sharing on my FB page:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are adorable...what talent! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh these are absolutely adorable! They look perfect, I can't believe you did all of those lines. These are awesome, pinning for later!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! You did an amazing job! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, these are awesome! I bet they took forever, so worth it tho! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Incredible! You have been featured tonight on our blog! Bonnie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You definitely hit it out of the ballpark with these cookies! Sorry, I couldn't resist, and it IS true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. where did you find the baseball field cutter

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...