Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Just like a box of Chocolates!

Oh!  What's this!!!
It looks like a box of chocolates....
but...not.




Let's open one up!








They're little baby sugar cookies...that look like chocolates!
I've wanted to make these for the longest time.

I finally found the boxes at Karen's Cookies
after searching and searching.








And honestly, while I was cutting, baking and icing them...
I giggled the entire time.

Which made my kids giggle at me,
and that's always a good day.








My most favorite piece of candy at See's Candy is the Bordeaux,
it has those little chocolate sprinkles on top!








If I knew how to make the hearts taste like hazelnut truffle that
really would have put me over the edge.
But then, there wouldn't have been any cookies to take pictures of!








The bigger box has big heart cookies in the middle,
perfect for sharing.

(Awwww)








These were also a great excuse to use some of the zillions of 
love day sprinkles I have in the cupboard.








Ethan has recently expressed his deep concern that I may be a 
cookie cutter and sprinkle hoarder.....

(note to self, Ethan needs to watch less t.v)









Would anyone like a little salted caramel?









I'm not sure when the box of chocolates became the perfect Valentine's Day gift...









But I'm glad it did!



Thanks for stopping by,

Lizy B

18 comments:

  1. Wow - these look wonderful - delicious and so cute too. They would make a really lovely gift for Valentine's Day!

    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so yummy......maybe you could make chocolate cookies and flavor the glaze with hazelnut and it would be the best of both worlds....cookie and candy!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies are amazing! I can't even imagine tasting them because I'd be afraid to ruin them by eating them. I'm your newest follower. If you get a chance check out the goodies I made for my daughter's 2nd birthday party www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2011/12/rileys-2nd-birthday.html Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such gorgeous sets, anyone would be over the moon to receive them as a valentine gift. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous....and yeah, See's Bordeaux....yum! Also the Dark Nougat! Holy cow.....now I want some, but can't get them here on the East Coast! Dang it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Elizabeth the cookies look amazing!! You are so creative

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it and would honestly prefer cookies to candy any day-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowzer..this is a neat idea, plus they are all so pretty..well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Featuring you today. I love these cookies. They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cookies are so adorable! Too cute to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.... fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! You have the most fantastic cookies ever! I could feature everything you make but that wouldn't be fair to the others would it? But I am totally pinning these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look amazing!!! They are super cute and you have suck patience and skill to make them look so beautiful!

    I would love for you to link up at my weekly Friday link party if you are interested.

    Ashley
    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! Such an awesome idea. Beautiful cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cookies are totally adorable. You did a really nice job (and I would have giggled the whole time too). My sister, who likes anything tiny, would LOVE THEM! Thanks for the great inspiration.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so awesome! I would totally rather a box of these super cute cookies than chocolates! So, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these!! Clever and so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cookies have made the top 5 @CountryMommaCooks Link Party stop by and grab a button:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...