Friday, March 9, 2012

Rainbow Ruffle Cookies!

Its officially rainbow season!






One of my favorite people, Paige, is turning six!!!

Last year she had a Disney Princess party....

which I made waaaay too many cookies for....

then those cookies turned into a blog....



THIS year its a Rainbow Party!!








When I heard a few weeks ago that she had chosen a rainbow party, I thought, 

"Oh that's great!  I haven't made those before, 

and I don't think I've seen too many of those around either...." 

...ahem.



Then the St. Patrick's Day craftiness exploded all over the place and

I saw more rainbow cookies than I could count!

All of them super cute, I might add.



So what's a cookie lady to do...

I wanted to make something I hadn't made before, and that I hadn't seen yet.

Hmmm....what do little girls love just as much as rainbows!



RUFFLES!!!




Here we go!

(I'm trying this tutorial business again...)









I do not own a rainbow cutter, and because of the rainbow explosion I mentioned earlier, 
there aren't any to be found...

I used the largest circle cutter from my set, and the littlest cutter to cut a hole in the center.

It looked just like a donut, then I cut it in half!  

Voila!  Rainbow!  

I added two heart shaped clouds for fun.









I outlined the hearts with a number 2 tip and let that dry.








Here's one with the regular cloud shape.








Someday....someday....I will remember to take all the in between pictures!

I used a number 101 tip and icing a little bit stiffer than piping consistency.

Being right-handed, I started on the left side and just....went for it...

My icing should have been a bit stiffer I think, and maybe a larger tip...
(I like to think about what I would do different the next time.)









Since I had six rainbows to do, first I did all the red, then all the orange and so on,

giving the previous color just enough time to start crusting a bit.

They were done in no time!








This is my new favorite cookie to make!
(until I make the next new cookie...)









Six is a pretty big birthday, don't you think?

Closer to ten, more than half a decade old!

That deserves more than one type of rainbow....

right?


(stay tuned...)



Thanks for stopping by,

Lizy B

37 comments:

  1. I have one word for these cookies: genius! No wait, I choose: adorable! ummm, could I add just one more? AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the luckiest mom ever!!!!! can't wait to see these in person-- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic!!

    And a great tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lizy!

    These are just too darned cute! Ruffles AND her name... what more could she ask for?

    Your tutorial makes it look so easy, but I am not sure mine would turn out like that.

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable!!! Love the ruffle decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore these cookies! The ruffles are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ruffle rainbow is absolutely adorable!!! Love the texture of this so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet! My almost-six year old girl would love these ruffle-y rainbows too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The ruffles are adorable, I sure she loved them:@)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I just say...WOW! Your cookies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look amazing! You are so talented! I am now going to spend my day looking at cookies instead of doing all the stuff I'm supposed to be doing. :)

    I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE these!!! They are BEAUTIFUL!!! Wish my soon to be 8 year old would request a rainbow party...but right now she is leaning towards fairies:) You are crazy talented!!! LOVE LOVE seeing all of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sooo super sweet! love the rainbows. when i can get some new cookies for the shop? ~ lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your ruffles are awesome you'd laugh if you saw what mine would look like.......Thanks for linking up @CountryMommaCooks…..have a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW. I dream of bakery skills like that. Your blog is inspiring! I'll have to try some of your tips and techniques! I'm now following...

    Thanks again for stopping by my blog.

    -Shelly
    Quiet Luxury

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are gorgeous! And, I love the tutorial.I may actually be able to make some, too. I'd like to invite you to share on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2012/03/sweet-indulgences-sunday-46.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! So pretty!! My daughter is slightly obsessed with rainbows right now, so these will be perfect! Thanks for linking these up to Fantabulous Friday!

    Katie @ Little Becky Homecky

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are amazing! I love the ruffled rainbow... so cute!!! xoxo- Rachel @ bubblynaturecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are seriously BEYOND adorable!!! So stinkin' sweet...I can hardly stand it ;) New follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty!

    makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. these are soo pretty!! I love how you did the ruffles as the rainbow!! Such brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. you are a MASTER!!! a true MASTER!!!! your talent just blows me away! i could just sit here and stare at your blog all day!

    i just read your post about your GrandMother...my heart aches for you and tears are flowing...i will light a candle for her this evening...it is just something that we do her in our family -- a little glow to remember those that have left us so they can see that they are always remembered...sending hugs and i all of a sudden need to have an ice cream sundae in a pink soda found glass eaten with a long, silver spoon...oh YUM and it does taste better that way for sure! :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. A-mazing! The ruffles make these so unique. I'd love it if you'd share these at Whimsy Wednesday at www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/03/whimsy-wednesdays-2.html. We go live tomorrow night at 8 EST. I'm following via LF.

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! This is the most creative cookie I have seen in a long while. Can't wait to try the ruffle technique!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute! I love the ruffles! Thanks for sharing at Manic Monday!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are being featured tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are being featured @CountryMommaCooks Link & greet Party....Again:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are very beautiful
    cute and adorable!
    I admire your creativity

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love these! :) The ruffles add the perfect touch...and I'm very fond of the kites in your later post. I want to try these soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...