Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Take A Peek Tuesday! Which Came First....?



A reader posted a question on those Chevron Heart Cookies from a few days ago.

K asked "Do you sugar first and then go back for the second color, or the other way around?

When she posted, she chose Anonymous and was a 'no-reply' commenter,
so I couldn't answer!!!

But I can answer her here!
Whew...




I always, always, always decorate the section to be sugared, last.




Here's why:




See that baseball diamond cookie on the left?
Notice where the brown 'dirt' meets the sugared 'grass'?

That's what happens (at least to me) when I sugar first, then flood the area next to it.
The wet flood icing sort of grabs onto the little sugar crystals and the edge isn't quite straight.








The sparkly centers on these cookies were done after the outer section had dried,
much cleaner edge.








Hope that answered your question K!
Thanks for asking!



Thanks for stopping by! Lizy B
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. These are SO pretty! I love the sparkly centers and the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hearts! They have just the right amount of sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your answer. I follow your blog every day. You are an inspiration to me and my cookie learning. I was not sure how to post the question so I am glad you figured it out for me.
    K
    aka Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. A short deѕcriptiοn of the most prevalent stretch marκ therapіes.


    Here is my ωebpage :: www.prnewswire.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these little tips. THey are things I'd never think of until it's too late

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...