Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hanukkah Cookies!

I think I may have mentioned how much I love holiday decorations.  But I've always wondered...why is it that the Hanukkah section is always so small?

I mean really....it's been around longer than Christmas, so you'd think there would be a little more square footage dedicated to the holiday.

In our house we celebrate Christmas, but we have many friends and family members who celebrate Hanukkah.

So I thought this year, I'd kick off the holiday season with these.....








Hanukkah Cookies!









I've always loved the colors!











Stars of David....







Menorah
I'm not sure if its bad form to have all the candles lit,
but I think it may be bad luck to have them unlit...
(oh the angst....)









Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made you out of.....sugar...











Oooh look!  I won!
Gelt!








Happy Hanukkah 
Erica, Greg, Sean, Nikki, 
Christian, Kim, Kaylin, Andrew, 
Gina, Uncle Bob, Ian, Eric and your families!!!

We love you all!



Thanks for stopping by, 

Lizy B



11 comments:

  1. Beautiful in work and cookie! Thank you for making them. md

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I'm so impressed! My sister and I tried to do this on Saturday after we took a decorating class a few months ago. Ours looked nothing like this! Yours are gorgeous! Our menorah cookies looked more like martini glasses! The dreidels looked pretty good, but yours are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been making Hanukkah cookies for years but mine are no where near as beautiful as yours. I have the cookie cutters, but my decorating leaves much to be desired. I saw these on Addicted to Recipes and just had to have a closer look. They're beautiful. BTW, there's nothing wrong with having the candles lit on the Menorah. Following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - there should be more Hanukkah decorations! These cookies are beautiful! Too pretty to eat. Thanks for linking up to the Keep Calm and Link Up! Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, I especially love the menorah, you did such a beautiful job on them! Happy HOLIDAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lizy,
    I hopped over from Love & Laundry's linky party. Your Hanukkah cookies are absolutely scrumptious! I bet they taste as good as they look. You're very thoughtful to post about Hanukkah. And you're right, the stores do not carry enough Hanukkah decor and items. More reason to craft, I guess.

    I would love you to come over and visit me at http://altered-artworks.blogspot.com to see my Hanukkah and Christmas projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are too pretty to eat! it's very nice to see something pertaining to chanukah in blogland, so when i saw your feature on HOH i had to visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are like little works of art. I would feel so guilty eating them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look lovely! A few of us are hosting a holiday cookie recipe swap, and I'd love to see you add this post. After all, one of our hosts celebrates Hanukkah too! You can stop by here: http://thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com/2012/12/holiday-cookie-recipe-swap-week-3.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...