Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Turkey Cookies!


I made these Turkey cookies last year.
I tried to make different ones this year.  
I really did.

But you know what they say...
you've seen one turkey....you've seen 'em all.

We'll just call these little guys leftovers and call it a day.




Time for thanksgiving cookies!

These gave me a bit of a headache, because really, when I think of a turkey, I think of dinner.
Pepperidge farm stuffing, some mashed potatoes, LOTS of gravy...

I don't think 'cookie'.....no, I don't....not so much.

So...I had never made a turkey cookie.  Never.  Hadn't even thought about it.
(of course, I did have a turkey cookie cutter, just hadn't used it.)

So here they are.....I'd like to introduce you to...




Tom











and....Tina?....Trish?....Tori?

is there a name for a girl turkey?











Tom and Teresa were made for each other....and decided to run away together!

(How scandalous!)











Teresa's Daddy heard about the plan and put a stop to it!!!











He brought his brothers, Todd and Ted.











So there you go....
Turkey cookies and some bad humor....


...at least I didn't use any fowl language.....



If you liked this post, you'll also like:

Pumpkin or Chocolate?

Thanksgiving

Thank You Notes


Thanks for stopping by! Lizy B

22 comments:

  1. LoL. Love it. And these cookies are insane!! Pro status. Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind these leftovers at all! Totally adorable turkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you need to make this into a delicious children's book. I can see it now one for every holiday and at the end of each is a yummy cookie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm....with Tom and Theresa it just might have to be YA lit!

      Delete
  4. Aww, they are so sweet!
    I really like the different colors on the...okay, what is this called that the two turkeys on the last photo have? I don't know and I don't think I ever heard a word to describe that :D:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the technical term is....great big feathery stick-up thingy....yes, I'm sure of it. ;)

      Delete
  5. Adorable little "fowls" you've got there! Almost too cute to eat... almost. :)

    Jeannine @ The Concrete Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each one is adorable - such a great family of turkeys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy cow ~ these are gorgeous! I just iced my first cookie last week and let's just say they didn't come out so pretty! lol You are a true artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just keep at it! They'll look better every time....and they are still delicious no matter what!

      Delete
  8. How pretty! What an artist you are. I hope you will share these at my holiday cookie exchange: http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/2012-cookie-exchange-cookies-and-memories/

    ReplyDelete
  9. your frosting is amazing?!!! How do you do it??? I love these and your cute post :o) I came over from ginger snap crafts to invite you to join my month long Thanksgiving link party. It will be open for one more week, with fabulous features on Thanksgiving day! I would love for you to join us!
    http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2012/11/some-fall-baking-tasteful-tuesday-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found your post via Live Laugh Rowe. These are SO cute! And your story was adorable! lol

    ahumblebumble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way the marbling effect creates the look of feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lizy,
    I love your humor! These are such cute cookies and I loved the story too. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share next week! Have a wonderful weekend.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. you crack me up. This would surely be gobbled quickly. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE Tom and I LOVE ''Tina'' hehehe

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so funny! I have to hold myself back from featuring you every single week. Love your cookies!

    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create!
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...