Thursday, January 31, 2013

How To Embarrass Your Tweenage Son...a remix.

It's been one of those days today.

Printer won't work.
Heavy things fall on toes.
Ran out of tissues...again.

Grumpiness everywhere.

I need a giggle.
Today that giggle is going to come at the expense of my son.
(sorry buddy)

Here's a little remix, hope it lightens your day!


So, I decorated these cookies late one night. 

Not a whole collection, 
just a couple.

I was doing some corsets for a bachelorette party and wanted to try something different.



I left them out to dry on the kitchen table, and went to bed.

The next morning was a school day.




I always try to send Ethan downstairs first, before his little brother, 

so that he can get his books and lunch together 

without a tornado spinning around his ankles.




Needless to say, I completely forgot about the half-dressed cookies

I left on the kitchen table....

...where he makes his lunch as soon as he gets downstairs....





AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

MOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!

What The Heck!!!!




Not only was his eleven-year-old self completely mortified...

I'm reasonably sure he's convinced his mother is a freak. 



Thanks for stopping by! Lizy B
Pin It

20 comments:

  1. oh that's so funny. Your poor boy I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! That is hilarious!!
    And what detail on the cookies!! :-)

    Nonny
    www.notionsfromnonny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny. These cookies are really cute though!
    I found you on the I gotta create linkup
    Nicole - http://feistymom.me

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to have those moments when you embarrass your kids. I love it! The cookies are very creative and much more neat than I would ever be able to do them. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so funny! If that makes you a freak, we are all freaks with ya! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha - hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol! That is hilarious. I hate bad days. Hope it got better. You made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! That is hilarious. Oh how they blush! Hope your day is better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol! That is too funny. He's scarred for life for sure.

    And, BTW. Your piping on that thong is beautiful! <-- something I never thought I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is absolutely my new most favorite comment ever.

      I'm so glad you like my thong! ;)

      Delete
  10. I needed a good laugh tonight! Just saw your link over at Sassy Little Lady's link party and had to come over and check out those awesome cookies :)

    I'd LOVE for you to link up at my weekend link party @The Weekend re-Treat

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That story is hilarious! Well, at least you got your giggle, even if it embarrassed your son! I wish I could decorate this well. I'm getting ready to host a lingerie shower for a bride-to-be and would love these, but alas, I am not that talented at decorating with icing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL I love your story. It could have been worse - at least they were wearing underwear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. totally made sme smile, and i needed that smile!

    stopping by via whimsy wednesdays and hope you'll find a moment to come hang out, dream, reflect, share and notice lovely. http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2013/02/jadore-milieu.html?showComment=1360156518676

    smiles to you, lovely blogger.

    michele

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...