Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Top Tutorials of 2012!

Happy New Year!



I'm starting out the year with a little trip down memory lane.

First up, your favorite tutorials from the past year!




(there's a question at the end...want to guess what it is?)






We'll do this 'Letterman' style...


6. Fall Leaf Cookie Tutorial!




Easy-peasy wet-on-wet technique that can be used for so many things!







5. Sunflower Cookies!  A Perfect Petal Tutorial!




A super easy method for evenly spaced petals!







4. Rainbow Ruffle Cookies!




These still make me smile!







3. Chevron Pumpkins!




Same wet-on-wet technique as the leaves!!  So very versatile!







2. How To Use a Cookie Tutorial!




I liked this tutorial because I got to link to some very lovely baking ladies!!








...here it is, your very favorite (by a landslide)...


1. Let's Talk About Writing On a Cookie!



This also happens to be the post I get the most emails about and has the most pins.

I still love writing on cookies and trying new fonts.




Which leads me to my very important question...



What new tutorials would you like to see in the new year?

More about fonts?

Different tools and tips?

Colors?



 

Please leave a comment and let me know!

Come back all this week for more recaps and questions!!

(I missed you all...so happy to be back!)




Thanks for stopping by! Lizy B
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Hello! I LOVE your work!! I am amazed at how you seem to find a cookie cutter for every unique cookie?! Do you have them custom made? Or do you hand cut some?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all your work! Because I struggle so much with writing on cookies, I especially enjoyed that tutorial. I get that it just takes a lot of practice, but if I had to pinpoint the most important element of writing on cookies, I think it would be the consistency of the icing...would you agree? I am fortunate enough to have a KopyKake, but I like your way of printing out a sheet and practicing right on that!

    Any tutorials you choose to do would be great by me...I just appreciate that you take the time to share your skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lizy! Those are definitely some of my favorites and yet there are so many more!! :)
    Not being a big baker, anything you can teach helps! I'm also interested in the business aspect.

    All the best in 2013,
    <3 Christina @ I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this recap! I always struggled with writing on cookies, but was able to (dare I say?) master it last month. For me, it was a combination of the proper consistency icing and...PME tips! I didn't think they would, but the tips made it so much easier for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything! I am inspired by your expertise. Where do you shop for supplies? What "tools" do you use most?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're such an inspiration. Writing is definitely a skill along with the right flow of frosting. I keep practicing. The recap was spot on and just enjoy coming here for your next creative idea, tutorials and sharing your awesome talent! I would like to see more information on flooding recipes, writing recipes and candy clay for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love all your cookies! They are super gorgeous. I can't wait to see what 2013 brings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love looking at your gorgeous cookies! I want to try those ruffled rainbows and the tiered cakes this year~Love them! I also need to practice your writing tips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anything you share is amazing. Happy New Year wishes and thank you for sharing at the hop. I hope you will stop by again soon. I posted the new giveaway! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rebecca HigginbothamJanuary 7, 2013 at 2:18 PM

    I would love to see tutorials on more use of the Kopykake. Where and how do you find the fonts you use for learning to write on cookies. The right consistencies and tips for writing. I am a beginner and would love to learn more techniques.Absolutely love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great collection of tutorials, Elizabeth. I am going to feature this post on my Tasty Thursdays party this week. It will be live again tonight. Thanks for linking up, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Featuring this post on my FB page today...Enjoy!! https://www.facebook.com/TheMandatoryMooch

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...