Thursday, March 7, 2013

Rainbow Cookie Tutorial

Because its the season of leprechauns and pots o' gold,

I'm reposting a tutorial for rainbow cookies!

Yes they look fancy, but they really are a snap.
Hope you give them a try!


Its officially rainbow season!






One of my favorite people, Paige, is turning six!!!

Last year she had a Disney Princess party....

which I made waaaay too many cookies for....

then those cookies turned into a blog....



THIS year its a Rainbow Party!!








When I heard a few weeks ago that she had chosen a rainbow party, I thought, 

"Oh that's great!  I haven't made those before, 

and I don't think I've seen too many of those around either...." 

...ahem.



Then the St. Patrick's Day craftiness exploded all over the place and

I saw more rainbow cookies than I could count!

All of them super cute, I might add.



So what's a cookie lady to do...

I wanted to make something I hadn't made before, and that I hadn't seen yet.

Hmmm....what do little girls love just as much as rainbows!



RUFFLES!!!




Here we go!

(I'm trying this tutorial business again...)









I do not own a rainbow cutter, and because of the rainbow explosion I mentioned earlier, 
there aren't any to be found...

I used the largest circle cutter from my set, and the littlest cutter to cut a hole in the center.

It looked just like a donut, then I cut it in half!  

Voila!  Rainbow!  

I added two heart shaped clouds for fun.









I outlined the hearts with a number 2 tip and let that dry.








Here's one with the regular cloud shape.








Someday....someday....I will remember to take all the in between pictures!

I used a number 101 tip and icing a little bit stiffer than piping consistency.

Being right-handed, I started on the left side and just....went for it...

My icing should have been a bit stiffer I think, and maybe a larger tip...
(I like to think about what I would do different the next time.)








Since I had six rainbows to do, first I did all the red, then all the orange and so on,

giving the previous color just enough time to start crusting a bit.

They were done in no time!








This is my new favorite cookie to make!
(until I make the next new cookie...)









Six is a pretty big birthday, don't you think?

Closer to ten, more than half a decade old!



Don't forget to enter the cookie cutter giveaway!!!

Click HERE to enter!

Thanks for stopping by! Lizy B
Pin It

15 comments:

  1. These are stunning Lizy! I love rainbows. SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tire of looking at your gorgeous rainbow cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for rainbows and for your Ruffles! I love the 'heart clouds' too. Definitely pinning these to my St Paddy's board. They will definitely pull anyone out of any lingering winter doldrums ;)

    Thanks so much for linking up Lizy,
    <3 Christina @ I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've got a 101 tip....I need to try these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your happy rainbows! You should be able to reply to me now!! Yeah for communication. Thank you so much for helping me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ηеllo, Nеat рost. There's an issue together with your website in internet explorer, may check this? IE still is the marketplace chief and a big component of other people will miss your fantastic writing because of this problem.

    Also visit my blog post ... Silk N Sensepil Coupon

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous ! What a pity to eat them .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look. Thanks for sharing your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous cookies! Almost too cute to eat...yet too delicious to resist :*)

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are so gorgeous ! love them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...