Sunday, March 13, 2011

Have you read this yet?

I just finished the most fabulous book!!
The Help by Kathryn Stockett.


Recommended to me by my fabulous friend Chris.
Because she's the one who told me about it, I was able to imagine her sitting with me as I read it.

Every time Minny said "Oh Law!" I heard her giggle.

When Miss Skeeter was sitting in the pantry with the door shut on the telephone, Chris was right outside the door.

When Miss Aibileen picked up Mae Mobley and squeezed her, she had the same look of love on her face as Chris does when she hugs her girls.

It's a very serious story about civil rights, set among some very frivolous ladies. 

.....I'll never be able to bake a chocolate cream pie again....

Thanks Chris!  I loved every word!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Elizabeth, what sweet things you said! It made me cry! I am honored that you enjoyed this book as much as I did! Please make sure you sign the copy that Christy has and hopefully this will motivate her to read it too! Love this blog and EVERYTHING else too! ;)
    Much love,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book. Currently reading Pride and Prejudice for a Classics Only Book Club my sister, cousins and I started this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite book. If you ever have a change to listen to the audiobook, you won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth- love the blog :-)
    Read this book for book club and made chocolate pie (without the special ingredient mentioned in book!)..was able to get recipe that was from author's family. talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Elizabeth:
    I started reading that book at Megan's and on the Metro to the Airport terminal. I was so engrossed that I didn't realize I was at the airport terminal until about five stops back to Megan's!!! I had to get off, go all around the station to take the train back to the airport!!
    Carol P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well...you summed up my experience with the book. I too could imagine chris while reading it. Cover to cover in less than 24hrs--great book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lizy, wondering if that's my cousin Chris that recommended the Help to you. LOVED that book. Absolutely couldn't put it down. She recommended a new one to me that I've got on my to-read list. "Angry Housewives Eating Bon-bons."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Johanna! It is your cousin!!! I have angry housewives on my to-read list too! Hopefully I'll get to it soon, can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...